These are some reviews of anything from restaurants and bars to makeup and clothes.

Thursday 24 April 2014

Clinique 3-step

A couple of years ago I tried the clinique 3-step system, I had the level 3 for normal to oily skin.  I stopped using it until I moved in with PB. At Christmas time we noticed that clinique had an offer on the 3step system, there was a larger size of step 2 and it all came with free travel sizes which would have been perfect for me as I travel alot. Unfortunately the clinique lady told us that it only came in level 2 which is normal to dry skin and so wouldnt have worked for me. I was gutted but the lady gave us the three steps in my level for the same price, (think it was about £68)  and gave us some clinique samples (she even gave PB some men samples which he loved), and she put them all in a gift box with a clinique travel bag. She is the nicest clinique assistant that ive met and ive met a fair few of them over the years.
Anyway,  I started using these again and honestly I am in love.
I got the solid soap rather than the liquid soap as apparently it lasts longer, it comes in its own soap dish (which is green with silver writing and looks lovely in my bathroom) and is a yellowy orange colour. It lathers up quite well, nearly as good as the liquid soap which is good. The only problem I have is that I have to remove my makeup first as this soap doesnt get rid of it all. It makes my skin feel lovely, and it doesnt have an overpowering smell like some clinique products
The second step is the clarifying lotion (mine is pink). It has a slight clinical smell but it doesnt bother me much. I use it with a cotton wool ball, the larger size that was available at christmas for level 2 had a pump but the normal ones don't. I hold the cotton ball over the top of the bottle and tip once, that is all I need for my whole face. It does leave my skin feeling dry but as I follow it with the moisturiser it doesnt matter so much. It acts as an exfoliator and gets rid of skin flakes etc and helps to refine pores.
Step 3 is the moisturiser,  mine is the dramatically different moisturising gel. It comes in a cute bottle with a pump top and is yellow in colour. Because it is gel it is better for my skin, and it leaves my skin feeling super soft. This is my favourite step as I love the gel so much. One pump is enough for my whole face, unless it is the winter as sometimes my forehead gets a bit dry (my skin is a bit weird and never really knows whether to bw oily normal or dry). It doesnt smell either which is good.

I dont have spots (except for that time when I forgot my pill for a few days and got some but that was a one off) so I dont know how well this would work on keeping skin clear if it wasnt naturally clear. But it does help to keep my skin smooth and gorgeous looking.  I dont think I will ever stop using this, people have suggested cheaper alternatives but I would rather pay the extra for a quality product. I have a travel sized bottle of clarifying lotion so with the soap and the moisturiser I can take it anywhere with me, which I also love!
I would definitely recommend this to everyone (although I can only comment on the type that I use but I have heard that the others are as good).

@mackembeauty2
X

No comments:

Post a Comment